• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flasher Road Charge?

Panfish Guy

I have a Stay-n-Charge system to charge a 12V battery in my pull behind fish house from my Jeep while I drive down the road. Never need to hook up a battery charger when I get home. Was thinking the other day that it would be nice to charge my Marcum in the same way. Kind of like charging a cell phone from the cigarrete lighter. Would this be possible?

I recently saw a charger for a gel cell. It was at Gander and it was a simple operation. A 12v plug in and two alligator clips. I did not look at the amp output but I seem to recall it was designed for a gel cell so it should be ok to charge. I also charge my AA batteries for flash light and GPS. I want to make charging batteries as simple as I can.

Good Luck!

How does that stay n charge work. Guess I'm still confused even after checking out their HSOforum. I'm curious becuause I have a new wheelhouse and trying to figure out the best way to charge the batteries, especially on trips.

I just picked up a unit that Nature Vision sells for its Aqua-view camera.

Cigarette lighter plug-in to 2 alligator clips.

It says it's intended to be used to power the Aqua-view, but I was hoping I could use it to charge my 12v/7amp batteries. That's my hope anyhow.

I didn't see any specs to see what the amp output is, but I'll look into it. Anyone else know?

I found it at Sportsmans Warehouse in Woodbury.

reelguy:

The stay n charge is a great system. It basicly is a DC charge from your alternator through 10 gauge wire on a (30) amp breaker I believe.

You have a hot & neg lead off your charging system to the rear of the truck. The NEG you connect somewhere on rear frame/bumper area. The plug receives a hot/neg lead from your fish house battery and thats it !!

You start your truck and the "alternator" feeds the battery what it requires. DC charged as opposed to Ac to DC converted from a house charger. Far better charge for the battery and you touch or lift nothing smile.gif

I use two deep cycles wired parallel hooked up to a stay n charge original model. Lots of power and @ full capacity on demand charging. It will bring a totally drained battery to full cxharge in less then a half hour. Drive to the lake its charged, return drive home its charged again. It will "idle" charge as well but driving really knocks it out in a hurry. Two batteries fully charged last me an entire day and night without starting the truck.