• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rope light

youngie22

Question

hey lookin' for some help. I recieved a few strands of rope light for x-mas. but they all have alligator clips for 12v batteries...Nobody could find anything different, nor could I. I would prefer not to have them run off marcum or aquqview. Does any place offer similiar rope light that run off reg. alkaline batteries? Hoping someone has seen something out there.

7 answers to this question

Do you have an old flasher battery? I run my lights off of a 5 year old battery. It may not work for my flasher, but it's perfect for the lights.

Gander sells rope lights that run off double "A". I'm not sure how long they last but in the long run you'd be better off with an old flasher battery.

Sorry, didn't notice that you were looking for lights that run off of alkeline batteries. I thought you meant you wanted to run them off of a deep-cell like in a perm house.

I've never seen rope lights that run off of alkeline. I would think they would require too much juice.

I would just get another gel-cell battery just for these lights.

The Gander Mountain rope lighting with AA batteries is not nearly as bright as the alligator clip assembly. It also does not last as long. I ran my vex all day long, hooked up my ropelighting, (2 four foot strands connected--let me know if you want info on this) and ran the combo for 3 hours. My vex battery was 60% remaining on my marcum digital battery charger/status indicator.

Matt

thanx guys... I think I may just bring a old flasher battery, the couple extra pounds may be worth the battery life, and cheaper than buying "AA" or something all the time. But $2.50 for the target brand might work if I can find them. Thanx again to all