• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Can someone give me a fishing report of the winter area. I plan on heading in that direction for some trail riding and ice fishing. don't know what lake yet just looking for some ideas.

I do not think that the trails are open right now, not much snow.

huh, I was told by a friend that called a family member up there and they said there was enoungh but maybe things have changed since then. how about a fishing report?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Hello from the NW Angle!   Minnesota snowmobile trail conditions are in good shape. The Baudette trail is great north of Knight Island. Walleye action heats up in periods of stable weather. The best catching is happening in 21-25ft, with the most productive method being a dead-stick beside an actively jigged rattle bait such as a buckshot or rippin’ rap. Glow white/pink is out producing other colors. The late ice bite can be phenomenal on Lake of the Woods, ice permitting we will have houses out through the end of the month!   Canadian fishing is recommended via snowmobile as they are light enough not to drop into the slush as easy as other track vehicles. Crappies are still filling buckets and walleye are actively feeding on reef break lines and points. Walleye season is open through April 14th.    Sunset Lodge
    • Stuff is getting hard to find so best load up on ammo I'd you find it.  Many have rebates going now so that helps some.   I haven't shot the new Feferal TSS shot yet but guys that have report excellent patterns and downrange energy.  Luke Don mentioned 45 yards is doable depending on your gun's pattern.  Two springs ago my dad dumped a big Tom at 54 yards, (misjudged the yardage and bird was working away) with the federal heavyweight in 6 shot with his 20 gauge.  I'm not advocating for shooting those distances, but it's a testmate to how far this ammo has come. 
    • I've been seeing them in corn fields and around home owner homes.
    • if you have gone through a set of carbides in 1000 miles you definitely need to change them now as you are getting a lot of wear 
    • Just a reminder this Seminar is tonight.
    • I did shoot the RX-1 but there was more hand vibration and a little louder. RX-3 did not have any of that . Also could just be in my head but felt smoother in the draw too.
    • Fan of the stealth bomber look.
    • Did you shoot the rx1? If you did... what made you pick the rx3 over rx1?
    • just remember that water will follow the path of least resistance, meaning  that it may look like it is all contained to one area but the water may have been running across a beam to another area altogether.  I work in insurance and see and hear very unique situations often!.
    • I wish manufacturers would offer a truck that is "hunter friendly". 1. I want a truck that has keyless entry, so if I lock my keys in or lose them in the woods it doesn't matter. 2. I want to be able to turn my headlights off when the truck is running, so I can wait for shooting light without the high beams cutting through the trees. 3.The loud DING-DING-DING when the door is opened would not be necessary because of #1.  4. Run flat tires would be standard. 5. A handy man style jack with solid spots to jack from on the outside of the truck and 2 spares also. 6. Heated cup holder with direct wiring so when I get back to the truck after a morning sit in a cold tree, my coffee is still hot. No leaky thermos putting my coffee on my seat. 7. Winch and arm mounted to the bed to load big game with 1 hand.  8. Matte finish camo and no chrome to reflect sunlight. 9. Remote start works from over 1 mile away, or pre heated coolant so you have heat instantly. 10. Bullet holders on the door and dash so they aren't rolling around on the floor when you need them. 11. Spot light for pre season shining, where legal.  12. 4 wheel steering for dead end trail turnaround.  13. Built in heated/cooled dog kennel.   One wouldn't necessarily need all of these, but to customize the package to Hunter's preference would be great. What would your hunting rig have on it to improve your success and pleasure??