• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm going up to Marrinette county to visit my mother-in-law and my wife and I are looking for some advice on lakes to fish and bait shops to go to. Athelstane, I believe, is where we will be staying. Any advice will more than appreciated.

Mike

try the two big impoundments of the Peshtigo River (High Falls and Caldron?). Excellent multi-species waters... There's another nice lake a bit north-east of Crivitz - Lake Noquebay. Personally, I think High Falls and Caldron Falls (as well as the rest of the flowage) is your best bet. It's considered a Class A musky water...

Have you been to any of these lakes? Do you know of a really good forum for wisconsin....besides this one? This is a great forum for Minnesota and not bad for other states but surely Wisconsin has a really good forum too. I have been trying to research these three lakes and a couple more smaller lakes in that area. Thanks for your help.

don't know if the moderator will allow this but google 'HotSpotOutdoors'. Not the best info but you'll find some tidbits of info on these lakes. I don't know of any other site for that area. If you find one, let me know.

As for fishing those myself - only minimally. Not enough to give out any pointers.

sounds good... my dad has a bunch of land up in that neck of the woods but I've only gotten the boat out there a few times. My sister has a cabin on a lake outside of Lakewood that has some nice panfish, bass, northerns, and a few walleye in it. Doesn't get much pressure as it's pretty much a private lake. Was going to try to get up there for some ice time this winter but doesn't appear it will happen...

For High Falls, I think the word is that Landing 10 is the spot to be...