• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H20 Mounting kit?

PikeTipper

Question

14 answers to this question

I second the motion on the RAM mount. I have one in the boat, and the wheeler for my H2OC. The nice thing about the RAM mounts, is once you have the cradle and arm, you just need to buy the base for whatever, or wherever you want to mount it. I got my ATV mount at Gander, and the boat mount at Reeds.

Quote:

Got mine at Thornes Bros kind of spendy though.

They are generally the same price no matter where you buy them. I happened to get my bout mount at thorne brothers as well. The major reason is they had it in stock!!! The big box places, at least in my area, rarely have any of this stuff on the shelf.

Click on my sponsor link below and then Click on the Thorne Brothers link. You should be able to find what you are looking for.

Quote:

Make sure you get the big suction cup. I have heard that the smaller one doesn't hold worth beans.

CA

Yeah, I wouldn't personally trust suction cup mounts for every situation. When I termed RAM as 'rock-solid,' I was speaking of their mounts in general. I don't own the suction cup style, but lots of folks swear by 'em in situations when the vibration isn't severe.

Quote:

Quote:

Got mine at Thornes Bros kind of spendy though.

They are generally the same price no matter where you buy them. I happened to get my bout mount at thorne brothers as well. The major reason is they had it in stock!!! The big box places, at least in my area, rarely have any of this stuff on the shelf.

Click on my sponsor link below and then Click on the Thorne Brothers link. You should be able to find what you are looking for.

I've looked at Cabelas and 1 Gander and no luck so far. I'll have to make the trip to Thorne Bros!

I got the permanent mounts for the boat - one for the console and one for up front. They even sell a magnifying glass the size of the H2O screen that mounts between the arm and the unit holder and has a goose-neck so you can move it in front of the unit when you want it and away when you don't.

Got mine at Gander in MG

Daze Off