• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnow bucket that won't spill

ratdog

What do you guys use? Preferably it would be insulated as I would keep it in my garage with a little stone aerator used for fish tanks. I use a small insulated cooler but it spills all over the place.

For the past couple years I have used one of the small round insulated coolers, The type with the flip-up spigot and the screw-on top. I can toss it in the portable or the back of the truck and have never had a problem with it spilling. I think I got mine for a buck at wally world.

Frabill makes one that I use that looks like a small cooler. It comes with an air pump and air stone aerorater(SP?), and is well insulated. It has a gasketed top and the lid latches closed. The only problem that I had is a very small amount of water comes through the hole where the air line goes into the bucket, which I solved with a little silicone caulking. Have had mine in the back of a truck the whole way home from Red Lake to minneapolis and in negative 10 degree weather and there was no ice in the cooler. Email me at [email protected] if you would like to know exactlly what it is called (I would have to look at it to see).

I have a insulated bait bucket, which has a heavy duty yellow plastic top w/lid and I slip it inside a 5 gallon bucket with lid. I have no clue who made it. It's worked flawlessly for years in the worst conditions without a leak or breakage.

i use one of those insulated bait buckets by frabill. works good just put it in a 5 gallon bucket and in the back of the pick-up it goes. splashes minimal (through the areater hole in the lid) but thats why sits in a 5 gal. bucket. also in the summer works great.

I put a 2 gal bucket in a 5 gal bucket. Each bucket has a lid and seems to work well. I tried the 2 gal bucket only but it does spill so the bucket in the bucket is a good way. I have used the frabil insulated bucket this way and it works well too.

the best thing i have found for the insulated frabrill bucket,cut a piece of 3 mill or thicker plastic several inches larger than the diameter of the bucket. remove the yellow top, place plastic over opening, replace top. this will make the bucket water proof for traveling. spare pieces can be folded and stored in tackele box. this method saves room from not having a 5 gal bucket to store in otter

Quote:

the best thing i have found for the insulated frabrill bucket,cut a piece of 3 mill or thicker plastic several inches larger than the diameter of the bucket. remove the yellow top, place plastic over opening, replace top. this will make the bucket water proof for traveling. spare pieces can be folded and stored in tackele box. this method saves room from not having a 5 gal bucket to store in otter

excellent tip! I am going to use this one. Thanks for sharing!