• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP - Title Transfer on Boat from Dealer

RAK

I also posted this in the "Open Water", but their are alot more people viewing over on "Ice Fishing".

I need advise on what I should do, and if I have any legal action that I can take.

I purchase a used boat (2003 16’ Bayliner) in 2004 from a dealer in St. Cloud, I don’t know if I can post their name, but “Think Link”. The previous owners bought the boat new in June of 2004 and traded it in for an 18’ boat. I then bought it in July of 2004 and the dealer still has not transferred the title into my name. I have been calling the dealer every month since April of 2005 when I found out by the DNR that it was titled. I was told in July that the title was transferred into the dealers name and now they had to transfer it into my name, then in October, November & December I was told that I should have it within two weeks. I called again yesterday and was told that they just sent in all the paperwork, because they had to wait for a check from corporate, but I should have it within two weeks. I called the manager of all MN stores from Rogers and he said that he would look into it. I then get a call back from the St. Cloud manager who tells me that the previous owners bank will not sign off on the title. So to my point, I have a three-year-old boat that needs registration that I cannot purchase because it is not titled to me, and the dealer “Think Link” has been lying to me this hole time. What should I do?

yikes, hate bieng lied to. had a simalir thing happen to me. bought a sled, waited 4 months for registration. finally brought a letter to dealer stating they are aware of the problem and will pay any and all fines, penlties and expences incurred from using the sled, till the registration arives at my house.had it in 1 day. try calling the manager again and again till resolved. they hate getting bothered by someone elses problems.