• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre Season Picks FM LOVERS

Every one of those guys in Cup has a desire to win and a drive that most can't comprehend. You can't compete at that level without it. Take away mechanical failures in the Chase last year and he would have been right in the hunt. Get rid of the phony chase and he'd already have had #5 the year Kurt Busch (the only fake champ so far who didn't score the most season points) won it. There's another one in him for sure, maybe two before he hangs it up. And then, if it does get there, I think it will keep him around longer and make him work harder to try for 7 to match the other two greatest drivers and for sure lock him in there where he belongs.

I believe what I stated is that Gordon will have a very hard time winning another championship and that I believe he wont this next year. I personally never stated that Jr has had a better career, but did state that he did have a better finish than Gordon last year.

I do also believe that in the very near future that Junior will finish better than Gordon in the next 3 years on average.

I am not stating that Jeff does not have some great stats, only that Junior will do better in the next few years.

I will also say that this will also be the last remarks by me about Gordon and Jr until the season starts. The two drivers can decide it all on the track.

As far as the Theresa/Jr struggles, it has nothing to do with his abillity but the struggle for power and control of DEI.

A question for you guys (more than just you Tom) that say Gordon won't win anymore. Are you guys sure his talent is up or are you afraid he is going to pass Sr. in total wins this year, and possibly cup totals before it's said and done?

I'll go with #8 car this year. Although, like Lee, I really think he's probably a year away. DEI just has to prove to me that they have everything straightened out.

My honest guess:

1) Stewart

2) Little E

3) Harvick

4) Johnson

5) Kahne

Oh, and to answer your question mnfishinguy...No Gordon's talent level is not gone. I do think that the new marriage and especially the new baby will be a distraction for him though. Will it effect him at all on the track??? Hard to say??? I do think it's safe to say his thoughts will be with his first child more often than they are with racing though. How many of us thought more about our jobs when we had our first child?

It will be tough to see Gordon break Dale Sr.'s win total, but it will most likely happen. That being said, while I'm not a big fan of Gordon, he earned it. I do not think he'll catch him in the Championship total however. Gordon has earned the right to be considered as one of the best driver's in NASCAR history....That's why so many people love him, and so many of us dislike him.

You never hear anyone talk about truly hating an average driver. I mean, does anyone really hate Scott Wimmer, Jeremy Mayfield, or Kyle Petty???

Quote:

A question for you guys (more than just you Tom) that say Gordon won't win anymore. Are you guys sure his talent is up or are you afraid he is going to pass Sr. in total wins this year, and possibly cup totals before it's said and done?

Honestly, MnFishingGuy.

In the past Jeff Gordon may have been a great racer.

But now days, he is lucky to make the top ten.

All emotions aside, do you really think he is going to win another cup ?

My picks:

1. Kenseth (Of course)

2. Stewart

3. Kahne

4. Newman

Quote:

Honestly,

In the past Jeff Gordon may have been a great racer.

But now days, he is lucky to make the top ten.

All emotions aside, do you really think he is going to win another cup ?

Sheer lunacy based purely upon your hatred for the guy. He can still drive with the best. Take your boy Kenseth away from Reiser and replace him with a series of three or four crew chiefs and give all his best stuff to a new team to get them started and see how long it takes for him to rebound... That's what Gordon has dealt with since his FOURTH championship and yet he still would have won another under the real points scheme and did finish 3rd that year in the fake chase points. Can he still win a championship? OF COURSE HE CAN. Actually it was really only mechanical failures that did him in front competing for the Chase Championship last year, they certainly ran as well as anyone during the chase aside from those failures. Will he make it to 7? I doubt it, why would he bother to race that long???

LETS JUST SEE WHAT GORDON DOES IN THE NEXT THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS. I THINK HE WANTED TO GET THE TITLE OF OWNING THE CAR THAT WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. WHO ELSE HAS BOTH PRESENT TIME ? THAT DIDN"T DRIVE THE CAR HE OWNED.

I think we will wait until the season is about half over and we will start the same post as last year and see where we go from there.

From the look's of it everyone is staying along there party lines. grin.gif

Sifty