• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MCHALE'S WORST MOVE EVER??? LETS HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS

bgreen82

my worst kevin mchale move of all time is going to have to be his collection of extremely awful 2nd rd picks considering how many first rounders they lost. until last year they have gotten littorally nothing from the draft, period.

I'd have to agree with Marko Jaric. Gave up Sam Cassel and more importantly a first round draft pick that we may lose this year. How many more years are we stuck with Jaric?

Jaric and T-Hud are chewing up a lot of cap space riding the pine this year.

Not having a scouting dept. or person who knows how to recognize talent. There's been a lot of talent that he past up on and those players went on to be more productive players than what we got from our 1st rounders. He(McHale)is a one man show that doesn't have a clue what to do, where to look, or where to go. He had Rex Chapman here last year to help find/recognize talent and he's gone now. See a pattern. Wonder how long Hoiberg will last until McHale feels threatened by him.

Hands down the Joe Smith trade. I mean, we are still feeling the effects of that and always will until the last players from those draft classes leave the league.

Runner Up: Jaric-Cassell. Straight up lopsided, and then you throw in a 1st round draft choice?

What McHale seems to not understand, is that this isn't the talent-loaded 80's Celtics who never needed the last pick in the draft and could throw it away. We don't have that kind of talent, he doesn't make shrewd enough moods, and we don't have Red Auerbach coaching the teams.

His strategies have failed over and over but he still has a job? How? mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif I believe that any timberwolves fan with just a lukewarm interest in the team and some understanding of basketball could have done a better job as GM. A computer, doing autodrafting like on video games could have done a better job, someone who doesn't know basketball but went through it with a Laissez-faire attitude could have done a better job.

He is trashing his U of M and NBA player reputations with his horrible and lackadaisical effort as a GM.

In the words of Garnett, "Where's McHale?"

Its said that you say allt his stuff about mccale. Fact of the matter is, if KG would have taken a pay cut to be able to get a few better players around him, we would have a great team. Its pretty tuff to get players around oyu, when half or your cap, goes to one player.

Why should Garnett have to take a pay cut because the people in the front office can't get their heads out of their butts?

Garnett is the Timberwolves. Why would you punish him for being the franchise?

With all the ill advised moves made by McHAle, they could have a better team. They wouldn't need to waste their $ on James and Jarovik.

Once an NBA contract is signed it cannot be renegotiated or terminated. You cannot cut a signed player either. Even if Garnett wanted to give some of his salary to other players it couldn't be done legally. We all know where under the table and whisper deals have gotten this team in the past.

OMG I'm jealous. KG's best game since his 20-20 against the Kings in Game 7.

Bassnspear, tell me he's not worth the money after sitting courtside for a game like that!

To a certain extent I agree with you about the contract, but the fact of the matter is, every one of us would have signed on the dotted line for a contract like that (We've got kids to feed, right laugh.gif). At least he has maintained and improved his productivity after signing it. Most guys are garbage after signing a new contract.

KG deserves that money. he is the reason any of those seats get filled, and dont tell me they cant put a team around him. they spent good coin on spree, cassell and kandi man to make a good team. they just all turned out bad after that first year. well kandi all along, what a waste of a perfect center body. its the jarics and hudsons of the team.