• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Lake Trout

mattkimk

Hey you're supposed to be saying "YES I got my first laker, I'm hooked and I can't stop thinking about getting back out and catching more of those bad boys!"

C'mon I can't be the only one grin.gif Congrats on the laker!

Yeah you are right. I was pretty excited about it and I will be heading up again Tuesday to try and hit some more. Was going to go tomorrow but my wife is coming with and she doesn't want to drive that far. So yeah, I can't wait to get back out and hit some more. laugh.gif

Woohoo, second Laker Saturday on a very cold and windy day. Got him in 40 fow. Do they typically head deeper as winter season moves on? Caught it on a tip-up with a big shiner right on bottom. By the time I got to the flag all 60 yards of line was stripped. Good thing I had tied a good knot to the tip up spool.

You're on fire! We might have an addict on our hands after all. Congrats.

I have yet to see that lakers move into different depths at different times of winter. They pretty much just chase baitfish and other than looking at what structure they might use to cruise/hunt, you're best bet is just set up and see what happens. I'm biased to 50-60 fow.

grin.gif Congrats again, it is very exciting catching lakers. Just wait til you get into them jigging with artificials, The hit and set on a laker with artificial is something awesome. You do it once and I guarantee, the tip ups will be second string!!! Congrats again! A pic of a nice laker a buddy caught on artificial last winter. Keep after em. Brent Martinsonslaker.jpg