• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum interference rejection at tourneys?

schweady

Anybody out there who was at Saturday's Gull Lake tourney using a Marcum, and was it possible to reject interference enough? What model and how bad was it? Photos make it look like folks were so close together that flashers would be tough to read, especially over deeper water.

My buddy and I were discussing whose new flasher would work better before the Gull lake tourney. He has the new FL20 and I have the Marcum LX5. His screen was completely cluttered, I put mine in his fish hole and switched it to the narrow angle and was almost completely clear, His bait was clearly visable on my MarCum with the gain set very low. I bought a marcum this year because I was sick of fishing with Rick and others in my house and Rick was the only one that could read his screen! Of course he had an LX5 and the rest of us had Vex's.

I was in 50 FOW on Gull w/ an LX-2 there was plenty of interference but I could clearly see my jig and a fish below whereas my brother w/ a Vex couldn't even use it and turned it off after about 15 min. Just wish they made em bite. I could've used a new truck!!! smile.gif

I fished on gull for the tournament with a VX-1 and there was a bit of inteference, but I was still able to use the unit. We were sitting in 65 feet of water and everyone had flashers around me. I wouldn't mind getting a tighter coned transducer though for deeper water.

Years ago when I was up there at the contest I had a Vex FL-8 and it was completely cluttered up and useless. I wasn't real happy about that because I can't fish without a flasher!! After some people started to clear out I noticed some guy with one of those Bottomline sidefinders and as soon as he pulled it out of his hole mine cleared right up. It didn't matter what I tried on mine with that other thing in the area. mad.gif