• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making bucktails

bowhunterrj

I was wondering if anyone else on this forum makes their own baits? This is my first year I am trying to make some flashabou bucktails similar to the cowgirls just with some different colors. I was wondering if one pack of material is enough or should I use two. Most of the baits are gonna be double spinner two hooked baits. With now open water I have no way of testing the ones I have already done. Thanks

Are you gonna tie it on a coil like you would with bucktail or use a brass collar and rubber collar? If you tie it like bucktail(no material above the tie) its gonna lay quite flat. You get more 'body' if you tie or collar it like a standard spinnerbait skirt. Especially if you tie/collar it spinnerbait skirt style I would sure think one pack would be plenty for one lure. Also, are you using the full length of the flashabou for each tie or say half the length as they come? The full length may be a bit much, think you'd be better off with two shorter sections vs one long. Hope this helps and makes sense, later.