• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

single ice house

picksbigwagon

I don't want to start a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge vs. Toyota thread, but I am looking for a one man ice house right now. The frabill recon is priced right (120), I own a voyager so I have sat in a scout (160-ish) and a pro (240ish) the pro is too much right now... any other makers to look at or consider? I don't thinkt he recon comes with a seat like the old rangers did. does Otter make a small one man house that is on the good side of 175? including the sled?

Thanks for helping me out

Picks, if you are interested in Otters, maybe give me a email as I might be able to help chris at boxmeyers (you know what). I got a 2 man Otter Medium Cabin this year and am very happy with it.

You can learn more about Otters anyway, from the link from this site to their main HSOforum with tons of info. Yes, they do have one man shack/sleds.

Check out the Otter Small Den, Small Cottage or Wilderness Perch. I also like the Fishtrap Pro for a light single person house. Prices should start coming down soon with stores clearing out their winter stock. It's alrready happening in some stores.

Yep, I am not talking about the Cabin or me selling it, just that if you decide to get a smaller Otter, I might be able to help you out with some info that you might be interested in.

Well, it is not any advertising or anything, but I got mine from the factory as seconds. You just need to call them up and see what might be in stock. You have to pick it up from the factory, they don't deliver, so if you are far from the Monticello MN area, it probably is not for you.

The price is quite, well, good, to say the least. Mine is in perfect condition 100%. Anyway, something to consider, and even in this closeout season of the year, I bet you would be surprised at the price. Give it a try. Hope that does not violate the forum rules, but Otter is a sponsor...

Good luck.

i just purchased a Frabill Ultralight single man ice house that was last years model and had it out last night. i was very pleased. it kept me warm even without a heater because of the black fabric and it was very wind proof. so far i am very pleased.

nip