• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

baked northern

got a 15 pound northern last weekend and wondering how i should bake it. i cut all the bones out and am thinking of doing it in butter and garlic with lemons and onions. wondering if i should prinkle some brown suger on there or not. also any other ideas on how to bake these would be great. thanks

On a Nothern that size I like to wash it with a mild solution of dish detergent and water,scrub it good.Pack the cavity with thinly sliced lemon 6-8 slices little ginger and your favorite dressing tie it shut 325 degrees till just done I'd guess bout an hour hour&half.Yeh after the scrub rinse couple times.

Thumbs up on the garlic, butter, lemon, and onions. I'd skip the brown sugar. Parmeson cheese and dill weed also go good with baked northern. I usually cover the fish with aluminum foil to keep it from drying out when baking.