• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need Some Kayak Help

Lookin to buy my first Kayak befor spring!On line I've narrowed it to Heritage Featherlite Angler 12ft,Perception Acadia 13ft,Dagger Rec Echo 12ft,or Wilderness systems Palnlico 12ft I weight 225,I want it for fishing small streams and backwater I'd imagin I'll be on some open water. Suggestions??

Hey Sparcebag. I have a Wilderness Systems Pungo 140, I'm a little big guy - 6-4, 260 lbs. The Pungo has a large cockpit so it is easy to get into and lay your gear around. It's very stable, tracks nice, I'd buy another one, in fact I did, I have two of them. Hope this helps.

For your first one I would get a recreational kayak due to the low price, stability, and versitility. You can always mount fishing equipment (rod holders, rope cleats, ect.) to it and then find out if its a sport you really like and then get that dream 'yak in a few years. I love how I'm not the only person that fishes from one around here. Glad kayak fishing is coming to the midwest! grin.gif