• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So, what do you ride?

Hey, I have really gotten into biking this last summer, and even though I love my fish house I still miss the bike. So while we are all bundled up and dreaming of our dreamy 2 wheeled wonders, tell me what you ride.

I have 3 bikes.

1. Raleigh Mojave 4.0 mountain bike. I bought it because it was a better value than Trek at the right price. Trigger shifting and disc brakes were my main goal. It is a great bike and even survived a minor hit by a minivan!

2. My fixed gear. It is made out of a Renolds 531 steel frame which used to be a Trek. Now she is green and built for riding pleasure. If you ever run across a good fixie, buy it. They are a lot of fun to ride. I commute to work every day in the summer.

3. I bought a beater off hsolist for 50 bucks. It isn't much, but I thought I would like to ride the winter and didn't want to ruin either of my babies. Turns out I'm not as hard core as I thought. Bulky winter wear catches the wind, making it harder, thus making you sweat.

So, what do you ride? Why? Although we may ride different sets of wheels, one thing is for sure: life is better on a bike! smile.gif

kona caldera, with a chestnut metallic paint. a bike shop here in the town that i live in burnt down so i bought the bike for half price..500 bucks. its a pretty nice bike, i rode it everyday across town, uphill both ways to work until i got enough money saved up to buy my truck!!!

Trek 6500, and 4500. I usually cruise around the MN River valley between Bloomington and Shakopee, or up at our place on the Nemadji state trails. Used to ride everywhere, but now average about 30-40 miles per week both indoor and out. I have a refurbished 1972 Schwinn Paramount that I keep on the trainer. It's a sweet bike with all campagnolo components. Nothing like the new bikes, but was cutting edge in its day. I take it on the road once or twice a year. Might run it a little more if I do some tarred trail riding this year.

I have a GT Agressor. It's pretty beefy, but rides nice. Have not rode in a couple years. When I was single, our church group would rent out townhomes at Caribou Highlands at Lutsen and bike the mountains there for 2-3 days. It was a blast!

Hey Moosedrool, I noticed you live in St. Cloud. Have you tried out the Jail Trail recently? It is the funnest trail I have ever been on. It was constructed by the Mid Minnesota Mountain Biking Club or something like that and is located on the state land that is right behind the prison. It is just off 15th and Minnesota Blvd. From Minn Blvd, just go North on 15th and the start to the trail will be on your right where the field turns into woods. It is all dirt singletrack (about 18" wide or so), so I am not sure how the kids will like it, and it is over 5 miles long, so it is really fun.

I tried to input an image from mapquest, but I am not sure it will work. The trail head would be in the center of the map... no it didn't work. Sorry.

Good luck and have fun biking!

Dan

I haven't been on that one yet. I've heard that its nice though. I've rode the riverbottom one alot(Riverside park) and landed in the river more than once. With the water level so low this past year though you could walk across parts of the mississippi without getting your shoes wet.

That one is my least favorite, but it is still really pretty. One other trail that even the kids would like is the little single track that runs parallel to the Beaver Island trail, which starts by Hollenbeck Sports Center at the U. If you are heading away from Hollenbeck, the trails jutt off to the right. It is short and easy, and if the kids don't like it they can just take one of the entrance trails back out to the main tar trail.

I ride a Bianchi Ibex. Love the bike. It (and I) were hit by a car a couple years ago. Frame is fine (chromoly), had to replace the rims which looked like tacos. Need to find a new fork. Anyone know where I can get a decent front shock (Rox or Manitou) in a 1" steer tube?

ERw

Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo I have my original one with all the fine parts on it from 96' and bought a new one last year,, the new one is heavier and I really dont like the disc brakes,, I want my XTR levers back, they stopped on a dime and were easy to control the discs dont stop as well so less control