• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

squirrel

I have to confess, I turned up the saturation but the lighting was all done by the sun, and man what a climb to get to where I was standing, I was walking up a hill and he was only 5' from me but he was 12' in the tree, think of that grade.

Quote:

I have to confess, I turned up the saturation but the lighting was all done by the sun.

You don't have to confess to anything,that's digital photography.If that's all you did it's much less than many do.I try as hard as I can to get a shot that does not need pp but I still end up doing a little.

Brass, I'm shooting the Canon 20D and Canon 100-400L image stabilizer most often. I have access to the three top Canon bodies and all the top fixed focal length Canon supertelephoto lenses through Canon Professional Services, and have used them and love them, but day-to-day it's the 20D and 100-400, which comes in as pro gear for less than $3,000, with the 8 Mp Rebel XT for a backup body. Most of my wide-angle work is done with the Canon 17-40L.

What are you shooting?

Canon S3 IS, I hope to upgrade for advanced hobby photography and keep the S3 IS for my day to day regular dumb photos. I want wicked awesome picture quality but nothing like the 5D (not what I call pocket change especially as a college student.) tongue.gif but I wouldn't mind selling prints at some point. I may be up in Ely this weekend, look out for me. grin.gif

How will I recognize you? grin.gif

Any of the Canon DSLRs on the market produce wicked good image quality, as long as you have glass that's up to the task. Over and over again, I tell folks to pay more attention to the glass than the body.

I know a bird shooter from Ohio who started in film and switched to digital with the Rebel XT. He couples it with Canon's excellent 500mm f4 image stabilizer (big bucks), and his images are among the best avian photography I've seen. If he dropped $4,000 on a higher-end Canon body like the 1DMk2n or 5D, not to mention the $7,000 for the 1DsMk2, he wouldn't have been able to afford that top glass.

Quote:

I know a bird shooter from Ohio who started in film and switched to digital with the Rebel XT. He couples it with Canon's excellent 500mm f4 image stabilizer (big bucks), and his images are among the best avian photography I've seen.

And just think, he started out with an Olympus system! shocked.gifgrin.gif

Do you think he has a good place to photograph at North Chagrin Reservation?