• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bugs in the hole

fishtank

I was up in Mora on Knife fishing this past weekend. While we were fishing we had a bug swim to the top of our hole. It looked like a stick, but definetly a bug. I've never seen this sort of thing before. But it definitely liked the frigid water. It was probably 3 inches long with 1 1/2 inch legs. Had 3 different ones happen all weekend. Anybody know what these things are?

A couple of weekends ago I had a dime sized beetle-looking bug pop up in the hole. It swam around on top for 30 seconds or so and then dove back under water and swam away under the ice. I was hoping to see a nice sized northern take a run at it while it was still in view grin.gif. I'd never seen it before.

Pathogen,

Thanks - this is exactly what I had seen. Just glad I used the minnow scoop to take it out of the water instead of my hand. From what I read, they are supposed to be found mainly in Illinois. [image]http://bugguide.net/images/raw/30VQT0GQC02QT04QC0KKC0BQHS9QZSIKLSGKTKKKUKLKB0SKDK1Q1KIKEKPQEKRKWK6QC0RKPK4Q[/image]