• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Snake River  King

mercury 60hp 4stroke efi?

Hello Im going to buy a boat with a merc 60 hp 4stroke efi motor and was woundering if enyone has a motor like this? how do you like it? are they good motors? some guys I was talking to said put a honda or yamaha motor on the boat what do you guys think?? thanks cool.gif

If it is a tiller model, I heard that the design on them are a little behind thier time, as compared to the other brands out there. Not sure if that is true or not, as I haven't had the oppurtunity to see one in person. I would imagine it is a good motor though, with the efi. Good luck, Junky......

If it's a tiller, check out the difference between the handle features on different brands. Yamaha is pretty sweet these days.

I think you will like the motor just fine. I have the 05' Merc 75hp EFI (tiller) and it works great. I do agree that the tiller handle and options are a bit behind the times vs. Yamaha but I have no problem's with mine. I sure like the EFI, the power is instant when you need it, no hesitation like from a carb model.