• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whitefish Lake

Can anyone tell me anything about Whitefish lake(Bardon Lk) in Douglas cty. I've never fished it before and I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Looking at my map it's over a 100ft deep which is deep for a inland Wi. lake. Says it has trout in it browns and rainbows. Any lakers? Thanks

Been on the lake many times. Seems our best luck is with weeds around. Yes it is a VERY clear lake so don't be afraid to try deeper edges during low light periods. One word of caution though, the ice can be very iffy at best so make sure you check with a local bait store before venturing out. We have found varying ice depths from 16" down to 5" on good ice years so use caution. We did catch a couple of trout on pike sets one year but I really dont think too many people target them.