• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
outdoor ran

Whitefish Lake

Can anyone tell me anything about Whitefish lake(Bardon Lk) in Douglas cty. I've never fished it before and I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Looking at my map it's over a 100ft deep which is deep for a inland Wi. lake. Says it has trout in it browns and rainbows. Any lakers? Thanks

I've never fished it but I do know that it is very clear and the best bite is early morning and at dusk.I have buddies that have fished it but no luck to speak of.

Jar Jar

Been on the lake many times. Seems our best luck is with weeds around. Yes it is a VERY clear lake so don't be afraid to try deeper edges during low light periods. One word of caution though, the ice can be very iffy at best so make sure you check with a local bait store before venturing out. We have found varying ice depths from 16" down to 5" on good ice years so use caution. We did catch a couple of trout on pike sets one year but I really dont think too many people target them.

Thanks for the info guys. Jar Jar it was nice to meet you the other day. We will have to get together and swap some old waterfowl stories.