• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Buddy Heater Question

Bob/Mn

I tried out my Buddy heater yesterday and could not keep the pilot light going.

I tested the unit out at home befor going out and the heater worked fine.

I fish out of a older Clam Scout and the skirt does allow some breeze in. I finally had to move the heater off of the ice to behing the seat to keep the pilot going.

At home I could put the pilot out by lightly blowing on the pilot.

I am wondering if this is a normal pilot function??

I have thought of making a breeze shield for the pilot but do not want to modify the unit if the pilot is defective.

Any Suggestions??

Heard of that same problem from a guy at work.Mine snuffs out after it's been running awhile.I think the small oraface that goes into the propane bottle freezes up on mine.Check out the Mr. Heater web site they have a troubleshooting guide and email the company about your problem, that's what i did.Still having trouble with it though and I've only used it a couple of times

My new Buddy Heater (yellow Tough Buddy, small one) does not snuff out or have weak pilot that I have seen. Gone through about two cans only of fuel, so not much time yet, but the pilot stays on strong.