• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tell me about fish elevators

Weed Shark

The fish elevator is a product that once a fish is in the hole you can trap the fish so that if it should get off you will still be able to get it. When you are fishing it sits tight to the ice so in no way does it affect your fishing.

Check out their web site http://www.thefishelevator.com/

I just got the shorter version for my Otter. I had the long one and it was too long and would hit the roof of my Lodge. Now with the shorty I can lift all those Red Lake Crappies out of the hole with no worries. This weekend Im going to use it on some Burntside Lakers.

Yes, the fish elevator saves tons of fish that get off in the hole and makes landing big fish much easier.

Those nasty wristwrapping eelpout are a breeze to land with the fish elevator!

Makes landing fish at night much easier!!!!!!

Give it a try it has a money back guarantee!

You guys in those permanent shacks dont know what your missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

www.thefishelevator.com

I might try this. 45 days to use it and you can return it for a refund. You could just about make it to the end of the ice season on that. What's to risk? How fast is shipping? grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

One more question: Do you use this on every fish or what? Does it get stuck on transducer cables? You would think it would get annoying after a while or slow you down.

I only use it when a fish gets off in the hole, or for a wristwrapping pout, or for a large fish, or my hemostat,or my cell phone last week (no joke dried it out and it works fine)!

I hate it when fish get wrapped in the transducer cord because the transducer is so dang heavy plus the weight of the fish, with the elevator you take instant control of the situation without harming the fish or your transducer.

The fish elevator is a tool, once you know how to use it, it is very, very, effective... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

joel,

tell me about the shorter version Northlander speaks of...don't see it on your HSOforum. Have lost some good ones this year fishing in my portable...seem to be too lazy or too dang old to get off seat and grab them like I used to.

thanks.

Dan,

Northlander just cut a foot or two off of his which made it easier to use in a portable. As for the ducer problem, I drill a hole just to the side of the hole that I'm fishing in and run my camera or flasher in that hole. Like Joel said "it's a tool and once you get used to using it, it's very effective. You will not lose another fish at the hole.

Here you can see how I foiled the nice eater saugers' plan to return to the depths by simply grabbing the handle.

You will catch 100% of the fish you get in the hole.

You can push released fish back down the hole through thick ice with ease.

You simply dont know what your missing until the next time you come up empty handed tring to grab one in the hole. lakeofwoods006.jpg

I e-mailed a couple people who bought fish elevators last year and posted their responses on my HSOforum.

I've been selling as many to the mountain trout fishermen as Minnesota and Wisconsin, that surprises me. All you guys that fish hard shacks and out your vehicle door dont know what your missing. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hey weed shark, I live in Nevada and bought 2 of the elevators a couple of years ago. We don't need them on the thin ice with small trout but the 6 pound trout we pull out of the thick ice at wildhorse it works perfect on. The only problem with it is no one had ever seen one out here and we have to show them off to everyone that walks by.

Never seen these till now and will never use. Some of the most exciting things is getting down and pulling the fish out of the hole or losing the big one. Isn't that one of the main reasons of ice fishing besides watch the red attack green is pulling the monster eye out of the 8in hole. My 2 cents. Seems like it is more or less the lazy fisherman.

It is a great system don't get me wrong I just enjoy the work of getting down and pulling them out.

I respect your opinion but could not disagree more. If you spend all that money in gas, go out in that frigid cold, then jig for hours only to get that one beautiful pig up in the hole and it pops off and you just miss him along with getting soaked up to the elbow, that always made me kinda mad. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

It is the smaller eaters that I really love The Fish Elevator for, if a big one gets off I don't care so much cause I'm gonna toss it back any way but when dinner goes rocketing back down the hole I go crazy!

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Once you get used to The Fish Elevator it is a very useful tool. Not only does it scoop faster than a regular scoop but it clears the entire hole of skim ice all at once and it is always there ready to shut the door behind that nice fish.

mvanotterloo, you're the first guy I've heard say he likes shoving his arm into that icy cold hole! smile.gif

Yes Darter they are killer! A hardwood hickory handle treated with deckscapes SherwinWilliams finest water repellant. The other parts are practicaly indestructible polycarbonate injection molded in Milwaukee Wisconsin.

-no more diving at the hole to grab fish!

-no more beating the hole open from skim ice!

-push depth shock fish back under thick ice easily!

Read the testimonials on www.thefishelevator.com

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I am just surfing thru and noticed this interesting thread,--- now as far as I'm concerned this device is a fish harvester, to me part of ice fishing is the fish getting off in the hole, if one needs a meal of fish that bad ---they are much cheaper a Cub! JMO