• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
steelheader

Fishing Square Lake

I don't have much experience fishing trout through the ice but would like to try. I live near Square Lake and was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to fish (depth, etc..) and what lures and bait work best. Also is there a bettertime of day to fish? I tried fishing one day last week and was skunked.

Im going out there saturday morning. Im going to set out some tips for northern and also jig for trout/pannies. Ill let you know if I have any luck.

Does anyone know where the sunken boats/airplane tail and platforms are. I would think this should be some sweet structure for ice fishing.

Last time I was out there was last spring, caught several small northern and bass. The water is amazing on this lake.

Steel&74 Square was at one time great for huge notherns.In the late 60s buddies and I would rent a pontoon on sat morn by 5AM off the lake by 10Am most times 1 to 5 all over 20LBS the ole fellas in our neighborhood would drool.Me and a buddy dove there SCUBA.Heres a spot got a map?West side of lake use to be some kind of a camp 100yds off shore theres a hump if I rember it tops off around 20ft.with I think40-50 foot around it.Fish top of hump sucker minnow ,12-16 inches long BIG minnow.Fish it @ 18ft. straight east of there deepest hole that you mention a table under water its there.

How was the fishing? I do know Square was netted for notherns in the 70s 80s ? to stock other lakes with big fish, so the trout stocking could procede! I beleive they ruined a great fishery!!!

Tried the hump on the west end with tip ups and jiggin for anything, we didnt see one fish on the flasher or the tipups. After that we went to the bend on the north end and saw some large crappie on the camera and one northern. I had one hit but it got off and didnt see anything else. We were out for an entire day. It was pretty sad. -(Contact Us Please)