• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hunting Coyotes on state land

I was wondering if there is any restrictions for hunting coyotes on state land? The land I am thinking of hunting is not a WPA or federal land it is State of MN public hunting land. We early goose hunted near there last fall and heard some coyotes howling in the morning as we were setting up dekes. Also how many guns can you have with? I would like to bring my rifle as well as my shotgun if possible. Thanks for the help.

I will investigate but if the state land is open for hunting, it would list in the hunting reg's book if it is closed at anytime throughout the year. As far as two guns go, I don't think there would be a restriction. I have my regulations around here somewhere, you can also check out the dnr web site too. give me sometime and I will find that reg. book

Boy, I found the book and you really didn't give me enough information on the state land you are talking about. Is it a WMA, a state game refuge, a state forest? Basically the state land regs start on page 101 and cover many different classification of state lands, most open to hunting some are not.

As far as the number of guns, there is nothing in the regs about the caliber or number of firearms a person may have when pursuing coyotes. there are specifics for other species (bear, dear, turkey, etc.) but nothing in regards to unprotected mammals.

Hope this helps some, I would dig out your hunting regulations, check the signs at the hunting land, and lastly contact your local CO if you can't find the answers in the first two. Taking in two long guns, I would hope you are extremely careful and make sure you keep your movements to a minimum. Be safe and have fun......

from what i know and thats not much but i know that you my hunt with rifle if in an area with out restrictions but you my not use artificial light with rifle but as of the first of january in MN you can use a spot light at night for yote but only while using a shotgun i hope this helps are you planning on hunting at night??