• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Locked or Unlocked?

Bjjams

MNiceMan we do about the same thing. Lock it, take everything of value (the heater is an old dog an unrecognizable), leave windows uncovered to see nothing of value. We also chain and lock our propane tanks if we leave them. Not interested in anyone grinding a grumpy in my house!

The same year my house was broke into, my buddys was also. About 5 days later. He had a 18' ultra shack that he always pulled off if no one was at it, it is a pain to drop it and bank. The one time he leaves it alone, (went to the bar for 4 hours) he came back and saw the door swinging wide open, they got a fl-18, 2 40lb propanes, 2 12 volt batteries, tv with dvd player, aqua-vu camera, generator, an undescribable amount of tackle, and the strikemaster auger. When he turned it into the insurance agency it added up to over $3500 without the cost of the tackle. The agent refused to beleive that fishing "STUFF" could have totaled up to that. He thought they were trying to scam the company, and was going to deny half the claim. But they produced receipts for everything after turning their house upside down looking for them. Everything was replaced in full with the exception of the tackle. Needless to say he learned his lesson.

I drive a 92 Geo Tracker convertible (like a Jeep, if you don't know) and I don't leave ANYTHING in it. Just like busting locks on an icehouse, the thieves will just slice my top. I leave it unlocked at all times, so I guess if I had a permanent, I would do the same.