• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H2O Problem

Lip RIPPER!

Question

I have an H2O that is a couple of years old. I took it out last weekend to use it and the "Find" and "Page" buttons did not work and I also could only scroll on the map to the east and west. No north or south at all. Did I end up with a "Lemon" or has anyone else experienced this?

5 answers to this question

Ripper

I haven't had it happen but good luck getting it replace by Lowrance. My power cable went bad on my H20 color and they would not replace it without a receipt indicating it was less than a year old. Heck I don't think they've even offered the H2OC for more than a couple of years.

I didn't keep the receipt, probably becaue they give you a stupid bubble pack instead of a box. Plus I hate holding on to that stuff and sending in warranty cards.

The thing is you call Lowrance and the repair fee is a standard $99.....they fix the problem, clean and update the unit.......I cracked my screen and this is what they told me so at the end of the ice season I am sending mine in......he said the warranty wouldn't even cover my problem since the plastic is a strong plastic that doesn't crack easily.....well it was easy but there was some force behind it I guess.......had it by the gas tank on a 4 wheeler and turned and heard a crack....son of a.....oh well i guess it was a $99 lesson...at least this way when i get it back my screen won't be so scratched up!!

You may just have to reset the unit.Mine started acting strange and locked up.Called them and they helped me reset.Takes a while to get through on the phone or just email them.The have always been very helpfull with any problems.Burl.