• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vex Interferance

ICE_KING

I have an FL-8 SE and my buddy has a Blue Box and even when we fish a little ways apart we get terrible interferance... We have tried pushing every different combination of IR Button combos we could figure out but it never gets that much better... What can we do?

Any help is appreciated!

I hear your pain man. I have the same unit as you and my dad had the older fl-8 "blue box" without the floating transducer. We had a terrible time reading our own screens when they were both on. I tried every different way to use the IR button to eliminate the interference. The depth you are fishing will really determine how much interferance you will get from the two units. I kept moving my transducer to different depths in my hole, and it was the clearest having it right below the bottem of the hole. Does your buddy have the old clamp on transducer or a floating transducer? I don't know if this makes any sense or not, but my dad just upgraded to a floating transducer for his vex, and for the record we don't get nearly the amount of interference as we did before. I am not sure why this happened, but it seemes to help us out. If you both have an IR button, turn one unit off, and putz with the other one. You should be able to clean it up enough to fish.

CA

we just adjust the transducers to even with the bottom of the hole(ice) and turn your gain as low as possible with still seeing the lure. From there push the IR button until the best one is found. It never totally clears up, but good enough to fish in the same house usually, at least six feet apart and in 30 fow. Usually if the lower third is clear I can fish effectively.