• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-5 screen movement

Deep_Sinker

Question

Have any of you noticed your LX-5 screen moving. Mine seems to move anywhere from 6" to 1' while in use. It happens pretty regularly and it appears like the transducer is moving up and then back down. All this happens in a fairly quick manner. Any suggestions?

10 answers to this question

Quote:

Check your connections and then try a different battery first.

Tim-

I did move around all the connections to no avail. Do you really think a battery would cause this??? This is the original battery from last spring(April) when I purchased it with very low hours on it...I think I'll call Marcum.

Is your tranducer below the ice level, or is it possibly touching the side of the hole? Which may cause it to jump a little if it isn't hanging down straight? A little water movement might take it away from the side for a split second and hang true. Just an idea or guess, dem LX5 ducers are big, and I sometimes will see mine just up against the side a tad, so I'm not getting a true reading.

I have the same problem (though it isn't much of a problem). At first I attributed it to first ice "waves", but it still does it with a foot of ice now and my wave theory didn't really make much sense since there wasn't water pushing up out of the hole when the screen moved. I'll be interested in hearing if there is a solution...

Iceboy-

I sent an email to Marcum last night. I will let you know what I hear back from them. It really isn't a huge problem, just one of those little annoyances that eventually has you asking what's going on? Well, Marcum told me to adjust my timing and that is what I will do...stay tuned for the results.

I know exactly what you are talking about! It happens to me every once in a while, definately not as often as it happens to you. I usually let things go and adjust. I'm talking like once every 2-3 hours, sometimes more often.

At first I thought I was staring at it too long or the beers were gettin to me. I notice it generally happens when I'm zoomed in to the bottom.

Good luck and if it happens to me with more regularity, I'll be checking back in!