• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

now thats a pig!

tanman

haa haa there both real, the first one with the little pike is not a monster pike like the second one from Holland, its probably a 42-44 inch pike, seriously you guys should get that magazine there about 8 more pics of some huge pike from Holland in it

Thank you cowgirl.....Ive seen enough 10+ pound pike getting speared to last me a 1,000 lifetimes. Just dont understand why someone would want to kill something that big when there are literally thousands of smaller northerns swimming around that make a much better meal anyway. All i know is i would love for my son to be able to catch them and release them properly. Such a waste in my opinion.

Quote:

Thank you cowgirl.....Ive seen enough 10+ pound pike getting speared to last me a 1,000 lifetimes. Just dont understand why someone would want to kill something that big when there are literally thousands of smaller northerns swimming around that make a much better meal anyway. All i know is i would love for my son to be able to catch them and release them properly. Such a waste in my opinion.

agreed... thats why i chase the Muskies around, at least im going to get some sizable fish that way.

Both of these photos have been all over the internet for awhile now. The top pic I am sure is legit just becuase I don't see a reason to fake it also it would be an extremely tough photoshop job.

The bottom pic is of a different fish all together and is a Eurpean fish.

I really don't think that first picture could be a fake for a few reasons, first, that happens, more than you would think, I have seen it happen once and know from people that it has happened. Second that pike eating the little slimmer isn't all that big, look at it in comparison to the minnow, likely a fathead or crappie minnow, maybe a 36-40" fish. Just someone had the camera ready at the right time. I agree, bad day for that little guy, first a hook in his mouth, then in his big brothers mouth.

The second one has been floating around on the forum already, I personally don't believe it is a real photo, the head looks distorted and the tail looks chopped and grainy compared to the rest of the picture.