• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A buddy and me went out to Waubay this past Friday and Saturday and had pretty good fishing.

We caught all the walleyes we wanted. I bet we pulled in close to 40 walleyes. Biggest was 20 inches. We kept the smaller fish for eating. They really liked red glow hooks with just the tail of a fat head minnow. It was a lot of fun.

Perch fishing on the other hand was a lot slower. We ended up with 18 perch for two days. The biggest was 11.5 inches. One school would be agressive as heck and the next would be so darn finicky. Nothing seemed to work any better than anything else. I used wax worms and some spikes. The perch are so hard to stay on out there. We tried, but with the temps, lines were freezing up and it made hole hopping a challenge.

We found are fish in about 24 feet of water.

Anybody else have good luck out there this past weekend?

Just got back from a three day trip to Waubay and had excellent luck. Fished Sunday-Tues and perch bite was great. Once we found the area just had to wait till the next group came in. Found the right jig and some spikes and what a rush. Got a couple keeper walleye, and lots of smaller ones, hard to keep them off the hook at times. grin.gif

Matt, saw your other post about the SD forum and wanted to let you know that I read it, and I'm sure others have read it. If you've been following some of the earlier threads, it's a sensitive issue. Many of us out here enjoy the SD lakes, and they do have less of a resource to fish, especially during the winter. That doesn't mean that I won't share some info with you and others, but it may mean you'll have to get it via e-mail or a phone call. Glad to hear you did well. One of us in the South Central MN thread, who shall remain nameless, didn't fare as well during the same weekend you were over there. I'm due for a trip in the next two weeks, so I may post after that. Keep in touch if you head over that way in the future. Meanwhile, we can hit the local lakes until they close down the walleye season in a couple of weeks...and they wonder why we want to go to SD to ice fish.

Thanks Engfish, We will have to meet up some time and try the lakes around here. I usually am able to make it to SD about once a year. Would like to go more but don't always have the time for a 2-3 day trip. Usually it's weekend trips around here. Heading to Jamaica this Saturday for a week, but definitely need to go fishing. grin.gifcool.gif

One of my fishing buddies just went to Jamaica this past week. He's missing out on some good fishing lately, too, but I'll bet he can put up with it for a week of fun and sun. You're leaving at just the right time--lowest temps of the year coming our way. You lucky dog!

Hey, how about a get together at Clear Lake? A couple of us have been wanting to try it, but we keep heading out west. Do you know the lake at all?