• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eating frozen poop

Dahitman44

I don't think that's a good thing. Bacteria from the lower GI tract shouldn't be in the upper GI tract. The technical term for this is copophragy. My term for it is crapography grin.gif.

Do some google research on preventing/curing copophragy. Note: If you are feeding low quality dog feed this could contribute to the problem.

Sometimes younger dogs will eat their stool if it was not digested the first time. If you have a high protein dog food it will go through their systems and they will re-digest it again. Can't remember who told me this but I have seen my dogs do it. If the dog is older it might be time to cut back the protein content and of course just pick up after the dog. If it's not there he /she can't eat it.

I just talked to a freind that is a Vet In South Dakota, and he said that he didn't think it had anything to do with what you feed for dog food or worms or anything like that. He said that most of them grow out of it, but some don't. If you have the time to watch them in the yard, put a collar on them and watch to see if they go to eat it, shock them. He said it can be hard to break. CAJ