• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spring turkey lottery

GFNER

Can somebody clear something up for me? The last 2 or 3 years I've received my second choice date. This year I thought I was in line to receive my 1st choice and did'nt even choose a 2nd date. Checked today and not only did I not get chosen, I'm back to a preferance level 1. Does receiving a 2nd choice date count against my level the following year?

By getting the second choice, you are giving up your preference points. If instead, you would get a surplus license then you would not lose your preference points. If you're interested, you could still buy an archery tag. They are avaiable over the counter and are good for the last two seasons.

GFNER you have hit the nail on the head. By accepting your second choice you chose a lottery drawn tag and forfeited your preference points. If you're trying to get a more selective poermit choice than you need to pass on second options until you get drawn.

Chucker you are correct. Archery tags are good for the entire final two seasons (all 14 days) and you can choose any permit area that gives more than 50 permits per time period. Thats almost 80% of the permit areas. You can also purchase a surplus tag for shotgun hunting and that doesn't count against your preference points either.