• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX-5 Battery Post Connections

Scott M

Question

I'm frustrated with my battery post connections. They are so dang touchy...I have to fidget with it whenever I pick up and move the unit. Don't get me wrong, I love the technology, the soft pack, the whole deal, but either I have bad and overly touchy post connections or the post connection design is crappy. I wish they had alligator clips or something easy. Don't know how tough it would be to convert them or if that is what Vex does, but MarCum should work on that.

Anyone have any tips on this?

4 answers to this question

Sure, just take a pliers and gently squeeze the female spade connector edges (the ones on the wires of the DCS) to crimp them closer. They will then slide onto the battery posts (male spade) tighter and not wiggle off.

Spade connectors are way better than just using alligator clips for connection to those small gel batteries. But like the others have said all you need to do is crimp down the connector end a little. Not a hard thing to do. It is hardly a marcum issue. If you want to put alligator clips on that is very easy to do. Strip the wire and crip the clip on and your are good to go. But I wouldn't switch to that because I don't think it will work as well.

Stick with the spade connections. I have had the gator clips on different things and went to the spade connectors. Do what everyone said above and you will be fine. I have the opposite problem mine are real tight.