• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tomlin GONE! Maybe????

WallyGator12000

This is terrible news...both ESPN and SI.com have confirmed it...the vikes D is going to be in serious trouble if you want my opinion...I don't dislike Childress, unlike some other Vikings fans, but I also was a huge fan of Tomlin, and really hate to see him go... frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

As an update, here is a Star Trib story, that has just the opposite being true, that Grimm was hired as the coach...http://www.startribune.com/510/story/949607.html... I really hope that when the dust settles Tomlin will still be in purple!

Everything I have seen says everybody is denying that but who knows? I love Tomlinson as a coach he is full of energy and I think he really motivates the players every week. I think he will be a great head coach either for the steelers or in the next few years for another team. I wish he would stick around here a few more years but if he goes to the steelers I hope he has great success.

You can't judge him just off of him coaching 1 season of a great rush defense. His pass defense sucked, plain and simple. Sure, the Steelers may think they made the right decision but I think he's inexperienced and not prepared to be a head coach in the NFL.

Ya gotta remember though that in one year he took a perennial lousy defense and turned it into the best run Def in the league. The secondary was weak but we lost a starting safety to begin the year and Winfield was the only veteran CB on the field. Griffin is a rookie and smoot is... well smoot all mouth no skills. Hope they can keep the D upgrade going for next year.

Another good young assistant coach leaves the Vikings while the questionable head coach stays in place. Recent examples.

Green/ Dungy, Super Bowl appearance

Green/ Billick, Super Bowl winner

Also the pass defense stats were a bit skewed due to the fact that teams knew that they couldn't run the ball so they passed it 50 times per game instead, what we need is a guy who can get to the quarterback, we had no pass rush last year, Erasmus James coming back will be a huge help I believe. The best secondary in the leauge couldn't do it without a little help from the D-line....

Anyway, I at least hope the Tomlin scheme stays in place with the assistants...We had a very good starting point to build from.