• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mini rocker U2500 winch

mnwildman

I've seen them for a $100 when i bought my winch the dealer told me not to even worry about the solenoid for the battery. So i don't know it i need to get one of those know since i've been running it for 5 years and just bought a new battery last winter laugh.gif

Whether or not you use your current rotary style switch or the mini rocker switch won't have any effect on battery life. It more of a matter of convenience and reliability. The rotarys do wear in time and are more subject to dirt and moisture. The mini rocker needs a contactor in order to work. A contactor is basically two solenoids made into one so it can change directions. Its used to carry the current load for the mini rocker because it is to much of a load for the small switch.

If you decide to do it e mail me, I know a place you can get one for quite a savings.