• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thunderman just say hello

Hi guys just a friendly hello to the ny crew tim recomended me to fishingminnesota. I do allot of fishing I dont hunt anymore and cant seem to get the fishing rods out of my hands.I hope to meet some of you on the ice and open water I want to thank tim for refering me to this forum and also thank all of you guys too. cool.gif

Todd welcome aboard!!! Todd's and old bridge buddy of mine that I don't get a chance to see to often but hopefully will be able to get it together on the ice.

I don't know how you fared with the snow your way Todd but we got hammered, I'd say a solid 8" with drifts up to 14"... So instead of fishing today I spent 2.5 hours clearing snow and just got finished.

We have a quite a few shore goats here Todd and it's great to have another knowledgable fisherman on board... Gonna check the weather reports and see how the CNY areas faired with this snow fall. Could be great for some lakes and detrimental to others. What a messsed up year...

Thanks again tim I just got back from a little road adventure. The only ice report i have moraine has a good 3 inches 10 to 15 feet out took me about 4 hard hits with the spud bar and I was through i didnt have a rope with me or i would have tie it to my truck and went out futher not worth the risk without someone else there.All the other small lakes have about 4 to 6 inches of SNOW on top some open water around the edges. confused.gif

Thank God them smaller lakes didn't get hit with more of the white stuff. Thanks for checking it out Todd. Hopefully the wind will move some of it off but I have a feeling with that area being semi-protected it might be there to stay. Dang and these temperatures today and tonight promote good ice development, but you throw a 6" blanket of snow on top it's like throwing a heated blanket over the entire thing. Ice gods we could use a break on the lake effect please.