• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buffalo Bay

Koerbs

Went up to buffalo yesterday and cought some nice walleyes, biggest being around 7 pounds or so smallest about 2.5 lbs. Every time I have go up there and done well but this time was a faster bite with bigger fish. Normally we use live bait but this time we were running late and bought bait at the local store and they "packed it for canada", which consists of dumping a can of coke and the minnows into a ziploc sandwich bag, and kills them instantly. I'm assuming it was just a good day, but my buddy that was with says its the coke..... lol

Anyway, this was the first time I fished two people in my new Otter Magnum, and it was very roomy. I am very happy with it.

Pictures always help..... this one was 22 inches. You are allowed one fish over 21 inches and being this was the smallest one we cought, I kept it. (except for a couple of perch here and there) I used those 1/4 oz pink northland rattle jig seemed to drive them nuts.

S2010013.jpg

Quote:

this one was 22 inches. You are allowed one fish over 21 inches and being this was the smallest one we cought, I kept it

just to let you know; Walleye from 19.5 to 28in. must be immediately released. Only one walleye over 28in may be kept

Not to try to correct you but Buffalo Bay is located in the Manitoba, Canada region of Lake of the Woods and the slot size you refer to doesn't apply. One fish over 55cm may be kept per licensed angler and limits are 4 or 6 depending on what license you buy.

Quote:

yes you are probably correct about the slot size for the canadian size, i was thinking he was fishing on the south point of buffalo on the U.S. size which i referred to.

No, I fish Manitoba, The south tip dosen't provide the bite that the bay does.