• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heard several people saying the fish are fairly consistent here. I tried it a couple weekends ago, the lovely Sunday with 50 mile an hour winds and didn't see anything/nor catch anything.

What part of the lake and what times have there been activity? Bait, etc.

Only been out there that one time.

I've done most of my fishing after dark, but places that have been good in the dark have also usually been good in the morning and evening.

City park in 12 feet has been solid, but don't expect a limit. Memorial point has been about as good, fish about 200 yards off the point. I've tried the Sandy Shore area and didn't catch anything. In the past, though I haven't fished it yet this winter, the area off of Kampeska Lodge has been good. Find the humps.

Bait: If you use regular minnows, you'll have little fish annoying you fairly regularly. Try shiners, chubs, or suckers on at least a few of your lines. Two minnows on one hook usually outfishes one minnow 4 to 1.

Good luck!

Thanks for the post. I'm not really familiar with the lake at all, so where are these places in relation to the HWY?

The one time I was out there, I took the access from the S/E side I believe, just up to the left off the HWY.

Kampeska has several places to access the lake. If you're going out of City Park, the access is just off Highway 20 as you're heading toward Wallace. If you head farther west, there is another access just off Highway 20. There are several other places to get on the lake. One is at Kampeska Lodge, if the there are no heaves there this year. Check with the Proud Angler bait shop (Highway 20) or River City on Highway 212 and they'll help you out. While you're there, check out Pelican on the west end and see if you can find those fish.

City Park is a good place to go on. There's a pretty bad snowdrift in front of the boatlanding, but look about 20 feet south of the ramp and you can drive right down the beach, its totally clear of snow.

The access areas on the north side of the lake are a no-go because of heaves. This includes Kampeska Lodge and the sailboat landing.

Memorial Park, on the west side of the lake, is ok to go on, but a little bumpy.

Sandy Shore, on the south end, is great to drive on.

Stay away from the major point on the east side and the rockpile, which is near there. There are springs in this area and people often go through. Get a map and ask someone at a baitsop to show you where not to go. You'll also find the access spots much easier with a map.

This info is from 1/27/07.

Speaking of Kampeska there is a tournament coming up in February...

Ducks on Ice - Ducks Unlimited Fishing Tourney

February 17th - Noon-5:00

Hourly payouts for Walleyes - $75 - $50 - $25

$50 each for the largest Northern, Perch & Crappie for the tournament

Entry is $10.00 and includes a chance at winning a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado pickup and a DU 12 gauge shotgun

Weigh-ins at Kampeska Lodge and on the ice in front of City Park

Open to everyone!