• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL-18 Anyone Using One Now?

icedog

Anyone bought one of the FL-18's and started using it on "soft water" yet?
I have seen them running in the tackle stores but want to know if anyone has any experience yet?
Go fish,
Doggone

Must not be selling many of these yet, otherwise I would think people would want to talk about them!! Is everyone waiting for the late rush like me? Or just the bargains?
Go buy,
doggone

FL-18 ehh? are you sure you don't mean the FL-8? I work at a sporting goods store and have yet to hear of the FL-18 yet....Ohh...be on the lookout for the new GPS Garmin is coming out with...the GPS V. Supposed to be a real neat unit wink.gif

Icedog, I tried to start the discussion about 2 weeks ago and nodody knew a whole lot about them. It will be interesting to hear the chatter as soon as things freeze up.

[This message has been edited by Lip RIPPER! (edited 10-11-2001).]

I strongly recommend that anyone thinking about buying the FL-18 to think twice. I have been in touch with a couple of the major tackle dealers (sorry Ice Hole?) and their "knowledgeable? staff" about these units. Educate thy self!

LipRipper, I agree, there will be some toasty posts once we get some hard water....I was just hoping to get an early report from anyone who may have bought one and just couldn't wait for ice, and put it on their boat to try out....

Go deep,

doggone

Hi folks, I was at Gander Mountain tonight and I looked at the FL-18 there. $399.00 + tax is what I remeber to be the price. I will be looking for one in my x-mas stocking. Hopefully someone will forward this to my wife!!!!

I watch it for recreation. $399 for the Pro Pack is the norm. Also there is no Value Pack for the FL-18, as of now. Not sure if there will be. From what I've seen the LED's are crisper. That Auto Zoom feature to lock on the bottom is really cool. The video has Dave Genz catching perch on the hard water and you can see the display in both normal and Auto Zoom. The Pro Packs are roughly $90 apart.

hunt4food,
I'll forward your gift idea to your wife the next time she's over.... wink.gif JUST JOKING! JUST JOKING!........ (I couldn't resist that old slam) You have to admit, you set yourself up for that one smile.gif Hope your stocking is stuffed with one.

lol ermmmmmm.....I have yet to see or here about em!! hehe. I did see the new 3 bladed strike master auger (zoom zoom zoooooom) We haven't got any of our Vexilar's in yet, and they've kept us in the dark about the whole thing wink.gif

Here are the prices for fl 18 in the new cabela's Christmas edition.
ice combo--369.99
economy pack--349.99
flasher with soft pack--374.99
flasher with ice ducer--319.95
flasher with puck ducer--314.95

I seen them at Cabela's, what impressed me about it was how much brighter it was. I use my fl8 all year long, but it is hard to see in the sun. I think this new unit solves this problem. So hopefully I can get one by next spring. My FL8 I have now is plenty bright for ice fishing.

Cyb

I have a bait and tackle store and have sold and used the FL-18's. They are unbelievable I have had Fl-8's and Clearwater classics for the last 25 years. Just when you think you have the best it get's better. The most popular model in our store has been the Pro Pak with the dual beam transducer. It sells for $419.99 and can be switched from 12 to 19 degree cone angle. The bottom lock feature works so well when you are bouncing around in the boat it locks in on the bottom 6 feet on the left side of the dial and still shows the depth on the right side. It also can be seen much better in the sunlight than the old ones. It also has low power option for shallow water conditions that work well for depths under 15 feet. They will be hard to get we sold out right away and have several on backorder. If you have any questions feel free to call or E-mail me.
Dennis 507-362-8929 or [email protected]

Bought a vexilar fl18 9/19 pro pack. We got it in sioux falls,sd for 425 plus we got a free soft pack(which isnt nothn too great) But today we went out and tried it out, i loved it, weather was pretty bad, so it was hard fishing, our fish trap was sliddin all over the place.

I was out on the ice the first time this weekend. We had 5 inches up north in McGregor on Saturday. I used the FL18 for the first time. Great unit. The brightness is great and the seperation between the bottom and your lure on AZ mode is worth buying the unit. So far it is exactly what everyone is saying it. I used the lp mode also. Very good. smile.gif

I have only used it one day, but it brighter than the fl-8. The AZ mode is great. The speration at the bottom is amazing. I looking forward to using this on the Lake of Woods in Jan. The other advantage is the LP mode. I used it in 12 feet of water last week and it worked well. You have to add a connection to the 8 for this. Don't get me wrong the FL8 is a great unit, but if you are going to invest in a finder go with the 18