• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
harvey lee

STABILicers

For any fisherperson that is tired of slipping on the ice these STABILicers are the ticket. Over the years I have slipped and fell and always had a hard time getting around on glare ice. I have used numerous different types of cleats and they were ok.

This year I started to use a set of STABILicers and after using them for a month now, all I can say is these cleats are the cats meow. With all the cleats or studs from the front to the rear, I can walk and pull my Otter Lodge without slipping at all.

Anyone that is looking to cure thier foot slippage problems, just click on the link below.

www.32north.com

Man after my spill on the ice tonight I think I need a set of these. God it is amazing how hard ice is blush.gif. I don't know if my back can take to many of them in a year.

I've used a few different types of traction devices and they are all better then nothing. I was a bit skeptical about the STABILicers because they don't have long cleats like the others do.

My daughter plays hockey, that means dad(me)is on the flood team. I'll pull out 200' of hose off the reel while the other guys are slipping and sliding around. Seen some nasty falls too. I can't say how much a good set of cleats is worth.

The thick Vibrom soul and more then enough cleating make for rock solid footing on icy uneven surfaces and with all that hard pulling I've never thrown one off or ever lost footing.

STABILicers are my favorite by far.

this year, with the lack of ice.. I have almost felt that my Stabilicers have been my most important piece of equip. I hate to fall, when your a kid you can laugh it off.. When you start to get old, its not as funny anymore.

Quote:

this year, with the lack of ice.. I have almost felt that my Stabilicers have been my most important piece of equip. I hate to fall, when your a kid you can laugh it off.. When you start to get old, its not as funny anymore.

Dangit Dietz if your old and not a kid anymore then I must be ancient and your grand dad . Tell us the real truth lad and that your just a wee bit clumsy or un co-ordinated . LOL grin.gif

Yes I've been down on the ice a time or two myself or is that three or more over the years and she be a tad unnerving when you have a 3 hp Jiffy's handles popping you a good one in the jaw on your on your way down and still spinning at ice level but good ol boxers with heart don't stay down for long and then they go out and buy some cleats so they stay up and attem even in the clinches . smirk.gif

TD

I love my STABILicers. I think they're the best thing going out there for ice traction. The Vibram sole in combination with the replacable studs, means you probabley won't need a new pair for quite some time.

As I gaze out the window this morning....it now appears like I may need to break out the snowshoes laugh.gif!

With the warmer weather we're going to be seeing, it'll be time to break out the Stableicers again. I used these for early ice and am quite impressed with the durability and performance of these cleats.

Joel

I had mine on for our run & gun weekend on Upper Red Lake last weekend. Lots of slippery, bare ice out there in between the snow drifts.

I have to agree these are the best. My Stabilicers are built in to "NEOS" overboots and it is great just to slip them over the work boots and go a fishing. The girlfreind has the pull-over type and neither of us has slipped...yet.

Can someone advise as to the sizing? I wear a size 13 LaCrosse Ice King (which has a fairly large footprint) and was wondering if XL is large enough or should I go with the XXL? confused.gif

If I were you I would go with the XXL...I have size 13 and have the XL's and kinda wish I had the XX... the XL's do work, but I think the XXL would fit better. I wear the big sorels.

Cheeser:

I would call up 32north at 207-284-5010. They'll be able to give you the best advice for that boot. Think about going XL with extender straps that you can add/remove. This will make the Stabilicers more applicable to several types of boots, esp. smaller ones you might use for early/later season ice. Your Ice Kings will wear out before the Stableicers do, so plan on having these for awhile!

Joel

You will definitely need the XXL. I wear the Lacrosse Extreme PFT in size 13 and the XXL just barely fit. I liked the stabilicers so much that I bought another pair in size XL to wear on my smaller boots. They are worth the money, very comfortable to wear unlike some I have used and are built to last.

I believe all your testimonials have made a convert. I've had 4 didfferent kinds with limited success but no matter which forums you go to STABILicers are the one. Gonna get me some or else start wearing a football helmet after the last spill.

Appreciate the tip on sizing. I just got my XXL's and the XL sure would not have fit my 13 ice kings very well.