• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to??

fast40m

A cheap way (free) to do it. Print off your numbers on a printer, or write them on a piece of paper with a Sharpie (2" tall). Then put the paper and your dnr permit into a clear plastic sleeve (8 1/2 X 11) and tape the end shut, then safety pin it to your portable. I did this and it works great. Folds up with the portable with no problem and the wind doesn't bother it either. smirk.gif

some of the newer houses have a slot on them on the outside of the house where you are able to slide your DNR numbers into that. My old man did this where he placed his numbers on a sheet, and placed them in there. Lamanated them, and they worked awesome.

My Youkon has a slot on it. I took some paper, wrote my dnr # on it. Taped my license to it and had Kinkos laminate it for $3. Slides right into the holder, and cant get wet. I'd like to find out why the DNR quit making stickers. Those were the cats meow.

Go to any gas station or C-store and ask them for and old plastic sign that they use to advertise pop, smokes or anything else on that line. They are like plastic cardboard. They are very easy to cut to the size of your opening. The have corrugated lines that you can see very easy. Use the back of the sign. Trace all the info you need on it with a pencil and go over your pencil marks with Permanent marker. Leave a space in the corner to tape your shelter tag and you should be set.

This set-up will hold it's shape and will not run or fade like something you might print from your computer. Next season you just have to tape the new shelter tag over the old one.

Good luck,

Tom (BD110)

fast40m,

Screw that same plastic sign to the outside of your permanent house. You could then cover the sign with a piece of plexiglass if you would like. You could screw or bolt the plexiglass on depending on what you have on the inside of the house.

My 5600 has an opening on the window for my license to slide into, as far as my info- I bought some 2 inch letters and numbers that are used to stick on mailboxes and such, and stuck them right on the window next to the license.

I just printed my name and address in 2" letters on a regular sheet of paper and put it into a self sealing laminating envelope. Then just slid it into the plastic window of the house. I think the laminating envelopes cost me 60 cents each.

I usually laminate the house license annually too.