• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils first impressions....

aczr2k

I have been trying to get one for a 10" for a couple years but I don't know if they will ever get one out. Last year they had molding issues. So they didn't have one then. I emailed them last night to see it the 8" will fit I will let you know once I hear back from them.

Quote:

I have been trying to get one for a 10" for a couple years but I don't know if they will ever get one out. Last year they had molding issues. So they didn't have one then. I emailed them last night to see it the 8" will fit I will let you know once I hear back from them.

Well I'm pretty sure I even saw it on this board that this year they finally got the 10 inch one made . And yes it will be muchos appreciated when you can let us know if the 8 inch will work on the Nils . Thanks for your help .

TD

I spoke with cold snap this moring. They said that they don't think the 8" will fit the Nils. The Nils head has to much curve to it. It really is mainly designed for Jiffy's. Then I asked about 10" covers. He said that today or tomorrow they would be putting there order in but that they aren't in to much of a rush as they are not looking to have any ready for this season but next season. So there you go straight from the horses mouth.

Bob D:

Thanks for the starting tip. I was having trouble starting my Tanaka powerhead during the break-in period. I followed your technique today and it started right up. It was my first time on ice with the Nils Master and I was favorably impressed. I used the 6 inch bit and it cut holes like a dream. At 5' 10" the shaft is a bit long, but I'm sure I'll appreciate the length this March in Minnesota.

Trapper:

I've got a Jiffy cold snap for the 8". I'll try it on my 8" Nils bit to see if it fits.

Scott Scooter Burgess

I'm not sure this is the answer but what I've been doing is using the ready rig head cover. After that's on I tip the auger up on its powerhead and rest the yellow cover on the blades, Then I slide an 8" otter tube auger cover over that. It's not the best fit, the auger's a little long but it is still better than nothing.

Quote:

Bob D:

Thanks for the starting tip. I was having trouble starting my Tanaka powerhead during the break-in period. I followed your technique today and it started right up. It was my first time on ice with the Nils Master and I was favorably impressed. I used the 6 inch bit and it cut holes like a dream. At 5' 10" the shaft is a bit long, but I'm sure I'll appreciate the length this March in Minnesota.

Trapper:

I've got a Jiffy cold snap for the 8". I'll try it on my 8" Nils bit to see if it fits.

Scott Scooter Burgess

That would be great to find out one way or the other to see if they will fit or not Scott and yes that regular length Nils is a tall sucker and I'm 6'1" . grin.gif

TD

Wow is all I can say. Fishing was good last night but all I could find myself doing was wanting to go play with the new auger. What a machine the weight is unbelievable. I used to say what difference does weight make I carry 280 with me all the time well when you switch from a Jiffy that weighted 38 to the nils that weights 22 you notice it. I always liked my jiffys and never thought I would change well I guess I was wrong. Everynow and then it is good to be reminded that change can be good.