• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Lodge

Ybone

Does anyone have any experience with this house. I found one for $250 in the box which was a lot cheaper than the smaller Cabin at the same store. Is that a really good deal? I asked the sales girl about it and she said maybe it's a discontinued item. I don't think the Lodge is discontinued but maybe it's an older version. Of couse the sled and seats are extra.

I have a Lodge and really like it.The sled is tough, the canvas holds the heat well and the flaps in front of the tub inside is nice. The way the canvas hooks to the tub is also a good design(trim lock system) along with the square poles. The windows are also placed in a good location for viewing outside.

As far as the price goes, if you need to buy the tub and the seats, it might not be the deal you think it is. You could also watch on the fore sale forum for Ice fishing and just maybe find a good deal.

Another option is to price out the seats and tub and add the $250 and see where you are at. Then give Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake a call and get a price from them for a set up unit brand new. Then you will know how good of a deal you are looking at.

I looked on Otter Outdoors web page and here is what you are looking at.

1-TUB--$143

2-House $250-- this is for the price you found

3-Seats-swivel-145

total=$538.00

New from Otter

1-house-$374

tub-$143

seats-145

Total=$662

I dont know what Reel Fishing and Tackle can do for a price, but it may well be worth checking out as they will also assemble it for you. I just noticed you are from Crow Wing county, so this is a bit to far to drive to save money.

I would also check the house out to make sure you are getting a new model brand new for that price.

Hey i just picked up a Lodge Monday at Gander in Blaine. If you need a sled they have the sleds at 25% off. So it was $97. Give them a call. They had a ton of them. Save yourself almost 50 bucks. (thats almost 3 cases of "pops")

You get the Otter Lodge canvas and poles for $339 retail, I was just at Gander and they dropped the price to $279 for an Otter Lodge canvas and pole system I was hoping for around $249 which is as low as I've seen them in my 2 year search for the skin and poles.

Looks like I'll have go back out there $249 is a great price.

Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure the $250 includes the poles, I can't imagine they would sell the house without the poles but I'll check to make sure. The Gander near me has the sled for $113 with 25% off. If my math is correct that's about $85. That would be a total of $335 for the house and sled. Looking at different houses, the most comfortable chairs were the ones in the some of the Frabill houses. I wonder if they would fit on the Otter sled and if you can buy them anywhere.

I might as well through my name in the hat and tell you just how happy I am with my Otter Lodge. What a great set-up it is. My house goes in and out of my truck bed fully loaded and ready to go. I'm even able to keep may Access cover closed to keep every thing free of snow and other winter weather etc.

I've just added a 12 volt lighting system this last week after seeing how good they looked in Surface Tensions house. Hopefully I'll be trying them out tonight.

Good luck with your Otter purchase if you choose to do so. Hopefully you'll get many years of enjoyment out of yours.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

I bought the house at Fleet Farm for $250 and the sled at Gander for $97. Gander took the 25% off a different price than was listed on the sled which I thought was kind of misleading but still a decent price. Thanks for all the input.