• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Venison Chili Recipes?

Here is an excellent venison burger soup recipe

I have a good chili recipe at home I'll try and remember to forward it to work tommorow

INGREDIENTS

2 pounds ground venison

1 onion, chopped

1 parsnip, sliced

3 potatoes, cubed

3 carrots, sliced

1/2 rutabagas, peeled and cubed

2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid

3 cubes beef bouillon cube

3 cups water or 2 quarts beef stock instead of cubes & water

1/2 medium head cabbage, coarsely chopped

1 bay leaf

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

Brown venison and onions in a large pot over medium heat. Mix in onion, parsnip, potatoes, carrots, rutabagas, tomatoes, bouillon, water, cabbage, bay leaf, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 1 to 2 hours.

Easy and fast to prepare but let it slow cook as long as possible.

2-3 lbs ground venison

2 cans beans (chilli, black, whatever)

1 onion

1/2 to 1 small bottle Louisiana hot sauce

1 beer

16 oz tomato sauce

1 small can tomato paste

chilli powder

black pepper

salt

I posted this in a chili recipe thread a while ago I think...

I use the store bought Carol Shelby's and modify it quite a bit and it turns out great.

I use half the seasoning packet (2 batches out of one bag of stuff). I make the quick version with browned ground meat (usually 1 lb beef & 1 lb venison) instead of cubes and I also make the "more tomatoey" version replacing one portion of water with petite diced tomatoes. I also replace the other portion of water with V-8 or if I don't have that tomato juice. Use a little of the cayenne pepper too, but NOT MUCH. Its much different than the recipe on the bag which I made once and hated as I couldn't taste anything but chili powder.

I know it is the easy way out, but it was mighty tasty:

Buy packet of venison chili mix from Gander Mtn. add 2 lbs. ground venison and then I added an onion and a green and red pepper, 2 cans beans, one can tamotoe sauce. Next time I am going to add some brown sugar and cinnamon. Awesome!

I'm with 'ya on the easy way - I use 2 lbs venison, one small can of chilli beans, a medium diced onion, clove of garlic a little extra cumin and two packets of Frenchs Chilli O - one hot and one regular. I use a can of beer and a bit of water and two cans of tomato puree (I don't like big cooked tomatoe chunks, but may try it with a can of petite diced like Lawdog mentions). You can heat it up w/Lousianna hot sauce or diced japelenos, but I do that in my bowl, the wife and kids won't touch it if it's too hot blush.gif

HERES ONE FOR YA! CHOCOLATE CHILI 1 LB GROUND OR CHUNKS OF VENI. 1 ONION DICED 1 GREEN PEPPER DICED 1 RED PEPPER DICED 1/2 CUP CELERY DICED 1/2 CUP MUSHROOMS SLICED 2 CANS DICED TOMATOES 2 CANS CHILI BEANS 1 CAN TOMATOE PASTE 1 CAN OF BEER 1 TBSP WORCESTERSHIRE 3 TBSP CHILI POWDER 1 1/2 TBSP CUMIN 2 TSP SALT 2 SQUARES BAKING CHOCOLATE BROWN VENI ONION AND PEPPERS,STIR IN THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS BRING TO BOIL REDUCE HEAT COOK FOR 1-2 HOURS UNCOVER ONLY TO THICKEN LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK! grin.gif