• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The next 10 years

JohnMickish

Does anybody (other than Lee) think that a cup championship will come from a team other than Roush, JGR or Hendrick in the next ten years? How about the next 5 years? 10 out of the last 11 years it has been one of these three with the only standout being a Yates entry (1999).

I don't think I see a change in the next 5 years, maybe a RCR car but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

I could see RCR getting one, but only if Jr is driving for them. I just can't see Burton or Harvick getting one. Eventually I think Evernham's stable will pick up a cup, but it'll take all of 10 years to do it IMO.

Yeah, but for many drivers you only get one shot at holding and staying in the lead. I just feel for the next 10 years they might have used up their chance. In some respects, I hope I'm wrong with Burton, but for Harvick, well, I wouldn't mind never seeing him raise the cup over his head. smirk.gif

Wow, you guys are much more optimistic than I am, or did everybody forget about Edwards and Hamlin?

The way I see it is you have Johnson, Kenseth and Stewart who will each win one more in the next 5 years, then there is Hamlin, Kahne, Biffle, Jr., Gordon, Kyle Busch, and Harvick who are all contenders. Thats not counting Montoya or anyone else comming up in the next few years. A few people on the list are not going to be happy when it's all done.

Lets put this another way, of the "A" list drivers, who won't win a championship?