• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cheaters

Central Bassman

I found this online and thought i would see what everyone had to say about it:

The Madisonville (Ky.) Messenger reported recently that a western Kentucky angler got 3 years probation for his role in a scheme in which he and a partner illegally won thousands of dollars at several fishing tournaments.

Dwayne E. Nesmith, 43, of Island, pleaded guilty to nine counts of theft by deception over $300 in Marshall County Circuit Court. He was sentenced to two years in jail on each count, the sentence to run concurrently, and was given probation.

Nesmith will also pay approximately $7,100 in restitution, which is half of the winnings he and his fishing partner, Brian K. Thomas of Dawson Springs, won in team tournaments. Nesmith is prohibited from holding a fishing license during his probation.

Thomas is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 5 to answer identical charges.

An investigation of the pair began when Kentucky Fish and Wildlife officers received a tip that Nesmith and Thomas had stashed a basket of fish in Lake Barkley during the Relay for Life Buddy Tournament in April.

According to Mark Marraccini, a Fish and Wildlife spokesman, the two men were observed taking fish out of the basket and putting them in a livewell in their boat during the tournament.

Investigators found that Nesmith and Thomas won approximately $15,000 in cash and a $30,000 bass boat between 2002 and the Relay for Life Buddy Tournament. The boat and some fishing equipment were confiscated by Fish and Wildlife authorities.

Thomas pleaded guilty to the attempted theft charge stemming from the Relay for Life Buddy Tournament in Trigg County District Court and paid a $250 fine and $148 in court costs

This story make me really mad and people think this have no business being in any tournaments!!!!! mad.gifmad.gif

I agree with Ray - if I recall correctly they caught a pro angler from Lee's Summit, MO cheating in a B.A.S.S. event within the past year or so - he had tied a bass up to a stump. They marked it and waited for him to bring it tothe scales and then arrested him and banned him for life from BASS.

Daze Off