• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SD Coyote..

Rost

I have never hunted out west until this last weekend. A buddy and I headed out to call for coyotes. We called an area Saturday, made 10 solid stands and only saw 1 mange coyote (that I missed). After talking to a few people, we found out that mange hit the area really hard this year. Back to the drawing board we went. We spent Sunday morning scouting for a better area and found it. In this particular area, we spotted 4 coyotes in about 1/2 hr.

My buddy called one in on the first stand of the day. After about 20 mins a female came trotting in and I gave her the old 25-06 smack down at about 150 yards. We made two other stands with no luck.

Hunting out there is like nothing else. The scenery alone made the trip well worth it. The following pics do absolutely no justice as how how cool it is out there, but I'll post um up anyways..

100_0077.jpg

100_0075.jpg

100_0076.jpg

100_0078.jpg

You're makin me miss home

I am from Bridgewater SD (originally) which is about 40 miles west of sioux falls. our best season in coyotes was 54. i was wondering if anyone still hunted coyotes anymore.

glad to here you had a good time.

Freeman and Bridgewater? My inlaws live between the two towns. Coyotes got bad over there this year. Deer got hard to find because the coyotes kept them out of my hunting areas. I hunt coyotes but havent had much luck connecting. Sure have scared a few.

Way to go Rost. The country on the west side of the river is truely spectacular and I can't wait to get back and call some yotes! During our deer hunt last fall I must have seen a dozen or so yotes, but didn't want to wack em cuz of spooking deer. I should have anyway, but my hunting buddy really didn't like the idea. Lots of country to cover over there and I know there is a ton of coyotes!!! Good luck in the future. SB

Nice pictures!

Hunted for doggies around Huron this last weekend, made two stands and didn't see anything. Decided to just go drive down shelterbelts after that because it was so cold. As soon as it warms up a bit I'll be back at it.