• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who do you contact??

vitalshot5

This last spring my son and I caught 2 green sunfish...first one was 10.5" the second one was 11". I put them in my freezer to have mounted at a later date with a couple of large crappies I caught......I didn't realize until today that the state record was only 10.25" long and 1lb. 4oz. Am I out of luck weighing these fish now that they are frozen or can I still thaw them and still get a realistic live weight....also who would I contact if either one of these is close to a state record?

Well I let them thaw out in water over night and weighed them this morning on my digital scale one was just over 1 lb and the other was 1 lb 2oz....either way they are both under...had me excited for a while....either way they are both trophys for me and will make some good mounts.