• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What kind of sights to get now?

shae1986

I currently have the Verticle pins and I am going to change it up since i believe my accuracy is getting lower and they are not the brightest pins. So i am looking for ideas, i am open too all sugestions here everyone. I have been looking at the Cobras but am willing to look at some other brands. I shoot a Mathews Legecy set at 66 lbs. Thanks fellas, this is a purchase that will be made either here in january or early febuary.

A. Shae

I think for this situation a phrase comes to mind: "A good craftsman never blames his tools." Having vertical in-line pins should not affect your accuracy. If you are looking for a bright pin I had a HHA optimizer on my outback before I went to trophy ridge matrix. The optimizer is a single pin that can be adjusted very quickly, and it has like 3 feet of fiber optic cable around it. The reason I switched to the matrix is because I wanted a smaller pin (.019) so I focused better and it seemed to improve my shooting because I was not covering a one foot circle at 40 yards with the "hunter" pin size (.029). What I would suggest is to look at your peep sight if you don't think your pins are big enough I would consider purchasing a larger peep sight instead of spending the money on a sight.

I currently have an Impact Archery Fiber Tech NI-151. Very bright pins. If you’re looking for a good sight that won't break the bank take a look at the Impact Archery line.

I've recently had my eye on the Black Gold Skylight, but that is considerably more expensive.

Chris I disagree, these verticle inline pins take up a lot of target at 40 yards. And i can still hit the dots on the target, but im picky i like touching arrows. Im not blaming my equipment, but ive seen a decline in my accuracy. When i shoot my friends bows I get better accuaracy with horizontal pins. Just what i noticed.

i dont have the diagonal sight that VBG makes but i have the VBG oracal 3 feet of optic on each of 3 pins great for shooting at those first or last few minutes. i love my oracle and would buy another in a minute

I've got the cobra sight made by sureloc and I love it. I've also used spott hogg and it is very nice.

I think that cobra has the brightest pins.

I'd make it a point to get a sight with .019 pins instead of .029 pins so it doesn't cover up to much of the target.

For hunting I have shot many different types of sights over the years. Last year I decided that I was going to go back to a pendelum sight. For three years I shot this type for hunting and never dropped deer so well. Over the years I have climbed higher up the tree and the angle has had its impact on my shots at close range. This next year there will be a new pendelum sight on my bow. I really dont care what new type they come out with as the pendelum will get the job done for me every time.

You can get .029 and .019 in both vertical and horizontal allignments. I have a neighbor who shoots the cobra sight and his pins seem to be extreamly bright to me. I do have a slight astigmatism so a .029 with a star burst around it really makes it look even bigger. I like my vertical ligned pins because of the FOV I gain. I find I am able to pick holes in brush much better because the branches are not covered like the would be with horizontal pins. Truth be told it is sort of like shopping for cars it is just what gadgets you are looking for. Personally, if I were going to get a horizontal sight the G5 would be my choice hands down. For the most part you get what you pay for.