• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Quast

marlinauto 22lr model60

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• I bought my first boat last September and I have a question about weight distribution. I was warned that it's a heavy boat by the seller, he called it a tank. In a good way. It's very sturdy in big water. So that's cool, but the first time I had a third adult hop in, the boat basically turned into a barge and just plowed water. With two "hefty" adults, gear and a cooler I have no complaints. It gets up on a plane no problem and scoots along just like you'd expect it to. Adding a third, non-hefty adult and gear was too much for it though. It couldn't get up on plane and the front end just plowed water.    It has a 24v trolling motor on the bow. The two marine 12v batteries for the trolling motor are also in the front, not all the way in front, but close. A buddy said he'd try moving the batteries to the rear. So what I'm wondering is, how much weight can you put in the rear of these boats and is this a good idea? Assuming they'd even physically fit. The main battery is already in the rear.    As a comparison, I have a 17' with a 60 HP 2 stroke and my dad has a 16' with a 50 HP 4 stroke, both tillers. My dad's boat slows down a bit with all of us in it, but easily gets up on plane and operates normally. His boat is a little more on the bare bones side and his motor is a good 10 years newer, but otherwise it's basically the same setup, but smaller, and it moves all of us around very well. This makes me wonder if my boat is or should be capable of more.    I also thought of the possibility that my old 1997 2 stroke is just tired (is that a thing?), but it seems to run very well. I also took it to what I think is a good repair shop and they assured me that I have the correct prop.    Here's all the info I can think of and a few pics.   1996 Alumacraft Competitor 170 1997 Mercury 60 HP 2 Stroke (60 HP is the max HP rating) 85" Beam (or close to that, can't remember for sure)   Try moving the batteries? Save up for a new motor? Or that's just the way it's going to be? Any advice from the community would be very much appreciated!  
    • Hello from the NW Angle! Areas of slush on trails in Minnesota are refreezing overnight and are still in good condition if well-traveled.  Walleye action is getting better every day, with mornings and late evening being best.  Rippin’ raps and buckshots are enticing violent strikes; 18-22 ft of water is key. Big northern pike are hitting jiggin’ spoons and tip ups with large baits. Anglers venturing into Canada continue to find schooled Crappies and big walleye deeper into 30+ feet. A slow presentation is most effective for catching crappies.  Until next week, Sunset Lodge
    • Yesterday the exterior lights under the side mirrors, all pick up bed lights and the tailgate light would intermittently turn on and go off.  I checked to make sure all doors were shut and checked all the lighting options in the vehicle.  The light issue killed my battery and it is very slow to take a charge.  Has anyone seen something like this?  I checked on line and didn't see any mention of an issue like this.   My truck is a 2017 Ford F150 Lariat with the 3.5 ecoboost.  I called the dealership and they said they could get it in the week of April 22.  A lot of good that is going to do me when the vehicle is dead.
    • Thanks guys, looks like I need to give it a try!
    • Last summer my son caught a 30.5" walleye on a local lake. It was a hot day so we put it back pretty quickly. We decided to surprise him with a Replica. Fiber Tech out of Nisswa did an amazing job! Only took 6 weeks once I made the call. I will use them again.
    • Parise and Ek hurt, slowly fading in the standings and in the midst of a rebuild, the golf clubs aren't out yet but the boys have been thinking about getting them out and dusting them off. 
    • yea i hear ya. Being a good dad stinks once in a while.
    • Yeah that would have been better then spending the last two weekends helping my son get is house ready to sell!  Couch this Pal! 💪
    • sweet..........nuttin like going doing something your not really supposed to!!!!!!!   leech.......he camped on the couch!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣 wishin he was campin!!!!!!!
    • Well, up north didn't get the memo.